The Belgian law of December 20, 2020 (M.B., December 24, 2020) has provided authorisation for the members of IMAGO to participate remotely (by phone or video) in a General Assembly and election by using an electronic means of communication, subject to certain conditions. These conditions include:
- This possibility of an electronic election must be decided by the board of directors, the articles of association not having to authorize the use of this process.
- Our non-profit organization must be able to control the quality and identity of the member voting.
- Any member must be able to take direct, simultaneous and continuous knowledge of the discussions within the GA, participate in the deliberations and ask questions and exercise their right to vote on all the points on which the GA must decide.
- The invitation, sent at least 15 days in advance must, in addition to the agenda, contain “a clear and precise description of the procedures relating to remote participation”.
- The minutes must mention any problems and technical incidents that have prevented or disrupted participation by electronic means in the GA or in the vote.
Please note: members who wish to do so can always go physically to the place where the GA is held. The board of directors, the members of the AG bureau (if the statutes have established such a body) and, where applicable, the commissioner(s) must be physically present. The IMAGO Election Committee will now meet to determine the best course of action and we will advise all members accordingly. We will, of course, provide updates on any developments as they occur.